Thursday, April 15, 2010

Carry In, Carry Out....



Yesterday had such a great vibe, I did want it to end. (even though that involved me bailing on a regular Wednesday night event)










Went with a friend and we
hiked to the highest point in NJ! We followed a loop called "Monument Trail" and it gave us some spectacular views of the area.

Nature was everywhere - within the first 5 mins we encountered a SNAKE! & tick...only to bump into a BIGGER SNAKE!! about 20 mins after that.....we had blue butterflies leading the way along the trail....yes, I was quoting Harry Potter several times.....and we found some interesting leaves that led us to the logical conclusion of "if babies come from cabbage patches, then we have found where elven babies come from!!"......(and man, those elves have been busy!)........eventually the animal sightings even out and we got to have a cute moment with some baby turtles.....











And thanks to my navigator's keen eye, I was able to see another NJ landmark before it is demolished!! I didn't realize that it was near this area and I was SO excited that I could not share all the Gingerbread Castle's details fast enough!












0 comments: