Saturday, August 10, 2013

Limelight...



Cue the next documentary driven obsession…Limelight

I never went to the Palladium or Limelight but I wanted to.

The whole thing that happened with the owner Peter Gatien really comes across as a witch hunt.  Yes, they wanted to clean up NYC but there were other people to go after as well.  He went from owning and operating the four strongest (and largest) clubs in NY to being penniless and deported.  He actually sold one of the clubs to pay for his legal defenses.

Despite my career background, it’s sad to see the Limelight as a mall.  Granted, people probably said that when the church became a nightclub.

Besides the pirate eye patch and his voice, there is something that just draws me to him.  I can’t quite put my finger on it …


Actually, I know what it is but I’m not ready to admit it out loud yet…..




0 comments: