Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Yay or Nay?

The summer schedule is starting to get filled up already - wedding that involves emotional landmines in June, song festival in Canada in July and a week up at camp in August.

Added to that is the question for the summer - do I commit to climbing Mt. Katahdin again or wait a few years?  I have a friend that is climbing it and I am undecided about whether or not I should go along.

After we got back from the trip last July, I had a heart to heart with another friend about the trek.  His main point was to not live other people’s dreams. 

The adventure may have started that way (coming along on a friend’s bucket list item) but now it stands as “unfinished business” for me.  My focus was getting to the top and flying my flag next to the sign up there. 

Yes, there was a storm, a heat wave and rangers telling us we did the right thing by turning around.....BUT my pride was dented with not making it to the top.  I now have an opportunity to climb it again and I know that we will succeed. 

So….to Katahdin or not to Katahdin?  That is the question!



1 comments:

BeeOhVee said...

I say go for it!