Wednesday, May 7, 2014

D.N.M.N.

It's been a while since I got a gut punch from a movie.

Levin's character exuded such sweet sadness - I was drawn in.
 

Maybe I felt sorry for him that he would never reach his ideal?
Maybe it was his devotion?  

Maybe it was how he had such a change in the end?
Maybe it was the physical resemblance?

And the more I ponder, I keep coming back to the whole “Did No Mean Never?” and “And I never stopped” sequence.  The tension, the expectation, the realization - I was moved. 

I know, I know - me watching a movie about Russians.  What happened to my "Nyet, Nyet Soviet" and all that?  I enjoyed the story and ignored the setting.  Seriously, it's Keira Knightley period piece - I had to watch it!

The surprise was Levin.  I have since checked out the actor in other roles and what he looks like on a daily basis.  The draw is the way he plays Levin.


It is a similar feeling to what I experienced during the scene where the carriage is stuck in the mud during Immortal Beloved.

It just struck a cord.


0 comments: