Friday, April 17, 2015

Ex Machina Revisited...



Time to gush a bit – it cannot be contained because I am inspired!  

I knew that I would see Ex Machina because of the cast.   It turned out to be a fantastic movie with superb acting.  It will also have a special place in my heart because my first viewing was at the premiere in Dublin.  Plus meeting Domhnall after that Q & A just took it to another level. 

What I did not realize was that I would walk out of it finding a new writer that would fascinate me – Alex Garland.  After coming home, I realized how much of his work I have already seen in film. 

Besides his writing, he has a brilliant mind and I have been devouring the interviews (both international and local).  Even better was when he replied to me during a twitter Q & A – got to hear about what music inspires his writing.  (Bonus is that now I have new bands to listen to)

I’m looking forward to what he writes next but in the meantime, I have a few more books to read!!  (and go see Ex Machina a few more times)

0 comments: