Sunday, October 4, 2009

Firsts....

I have had a few “firsts” in the past couple of days…..

Thursday - not the circumstances that I expected to have this specific experience in. It turned out to be the polar opposite of what I thought it would be. It was a fun bonding time and I have a good memory with a friend that I won’t see much of since they are moving across the country.

Friday – a first in a bar game environment, watching grown men giddily play the newest version of “Golden Tee’. I had no idea that it was as intense as it was – player’s cards, winning cash, game recaps and Youtube videos!

Saturday – I’m not a Ren Faire snob, just spoiled by the one in New York! Granted, that fair was small once too. I went to the Connecticut ren faire for the first time and had a great time despite the two monsoons that passed over. We threw sharp objects, saw a dragon carrying a “Good Humor” umbrella, met a vendor who did the “come into my booth” speech as if he was selling fake Louie’s in NYC and made friends with the King of Scotland who invited us to be merry.

There were some firsts during dinner on Saturday night as well, but they will remain undocumented to protect the innocent….

0 comments: