Not everyone understands the connection….sometimes I just have to go and spend time with them to know that everything will be ok….Nothing too weird happened this time – no requests to sketch my feet at the library….I really thought that I was being Punk’d that day….
I met some new little monkeys…..and one giraffe - one of them did not want to be called a monkey!!!!!!!! (I use that many exclamation points to show the emphasis of the dislike of being called a monkey.
I held a bearded dragon…well, more that it was plopped in my hand along with a mealworm…..the dragon finally ate after I stopped saying “EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK!” in a pitch that made the dogs cry.
I met Anderson Cooper's doppelganger....he's 8 and a mini hurricane.
I marveled at the athletic prowess of a kid that was fighting a 103 degree fever but wanted to play since I was there. Even deathly ill, she had “Olympics” written all over her playing style.
I got to experience an extended sunshower – big and little – made me smile and bask in the glow.
I ate pizza on the beach and marveled at the lightning in the distance while enjoying the ocean breeze.

There were great chats, there were incredibly long hugs and there were all the things that I needed and more.
I never cry for anyone else the way that I do when I leave them….probably because they love openly and honestly…..despite the drama that sometimes comes their way. They provide unwavering support and I can tell them the absolute truth and know that it will be kept safe and protected. Plus they seem to need me as much as I need them. We have considered each other family for years now - even though things did not work out the way that we had expected.
It’s tough to leave but it is the right thing to do for me.









1 comments:
I love that beach photo. It makes me want to crawl into it.
Post a Comment