I have had quite a few strange experiences in Shoprite…..
Like the time when I rounded the corner in the cleaning supplies aisle and someone had made a course out of toilet plungers…
Or the time that the person behind me caused the endcap display of Twizzlers to become an avalanche…
Or the time that I saw a hawk fly away with a squirrel hanging from it’s talons….guess everyone goes to Shoprite to get dinner….
Or the time the woman in the pet food aisle spent five minutes telling me how her dog loves certain treats (complete with pictures)…
And I will add last night to the mix…..
I was standing in the Express Lane and my cashier was a very large African-American woman. We were making small talk about earning a free turkey when the young African-American man be me interrupted to ask if we had seen the movie “For Colored Girls Only”.
We both said no and he started very passionately telling how wonderful the movie was and that we should go see it.
In the middle of his emotional plea, the cashier stops him and asks if he has seen the movie. His reply? “No”.
She paused, licked her teeth and then went off on him….asked him where he got the right to tell us to go see a movie that he had not even seen yet…..among other things….
Luckily I had just paid for my things so I was able to leave….
I looked back as I headed towards the door and she was telling him that he is a dang fool for telling women what they want…..
Only at Shoprite…
3 years ago









0 comments:
Post a Comment