Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Blue Sapphire...

I was up early to watch Princess Diana’s Wedding and felt a swell of emotion even though I was really young.

I was up early to watch her funeral as well – after having spent the entire weekend glued to the TV after hearing about the car crash. Yes, I cried.

I did not shed a tear about Prince William’s engagement….until I saw the profile of the ring....I instantly recognized it….no need for me to read the article to confirm the fact that it was his mother's engagement ring. It is such a grand gesture that he made to make sure that his mother shares in his life even though she is gone, a nod to all the people that adored his mother and just a wonderful heirloom to keep in circulation instead of stuffing it in a box to sit and collect dust.



I will be up early again to watch this wedding when it happens next year.

And yes, there will probably be more tears.

0 comments: