Friday, April 22, 2011

Puuuuuppy!!

Yes, it's a dog story....or as I call them - doggie, doggie, DOGGIE!!!

I was on my daily series of loops around our local lake and I spotted a guy walking his dog – not an uncommon sight. What stuck out was the fact that the beagle was beyond ecstatic to be out for a walk - complete with a smile on his face as he ran – in my mind I heard him singing “Born free….free like the wind….” It was just cute to see.

We ended up meeting up at a bend in the road and of course I had to say hi. Turns out the beagle is named Freddy and they walk every day at least twice since his owner is retired and needs the exercise. I got to hear all about their walk routines (which park, how many loops, etc.) and also how Freddy had been attacked by two German Shephards but was still friendly for the most part (big dogs scare him now). What really stuck it was how the gentleman told me all about Freddy’s doggie friends – never mentioned the owners by name but I heard all about Daisy (the girlfriend), Lincoln (the buddy) and Rory (the other beagle).

It was just such a fun interaction – it made my day!

0 comments: