Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Kayak Afternoon...

On Sunday, I was very motivated (read – I need exercise) to get in some paddle time, so I unleashed my hyper side and swept TGP up in my whirlwind. We went out later in the afternoon and were able to paddle with only a chill in the air instead of the rain that threatened. I did have a moment though….”It’s raining!” No, it’s your paddle technique. “Nah, I think God spit on me.”

I have been regularly using my binoculars and used them quite a bit yesterday. “Yup, that’s a tire dumped in the woods.” “Yup, that’s a tree”. “Yup, that’s a big bird.” Definitely nice to be able to check things out from a safe distance…..or check something out that I would scare away of I got closer.

Despite the weather, there was a lot of activity in the wild. Worst moment hands down was me paddling over to pull a piece of trash and two second later all that was heard across the entire reservoir was the high pitched panicky wail of “snaaaaAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!”. It was swimming next to me and we could not get away fast enough from each other. There is no real way to recreate the noise that came out of my throat…..but I think that I scared all the fish too. And after that, I had no desire to be near the shoreline.

We found a tennis ball and I was able to work on my maneuvering skills – still need ALOT practice! I stopped the activity yesterday because I realized that I was too focused on the ball and could flip at any given moment. It will be fun to try it in the summer when it will not be the end of the world if I go “sploosh”.

Funniest moment has to be the sailing of the U.S.S. Batsh*t…..when you can paddle your kayak and a dock – you have skills and great balance on the water....not to mention the ability to create some silly pix!



A fun way to spend the last hours of the weekend!!











(Photo credit goes to TGP & his camera)

0 comments: