Friday, May 27, 2011

Surprises - Part 2!

As I mentioned, surprise guests keep popping up in our area. One of my really good friends was itching for a road trip and chose me as the destination – woo-hoo!!

And what did I do? I promptly dragged her through the woods on an “easy” hike – completely forgetting that my definition of “easy” has changed dramatically in the past year! Oops….




Then we came across a flattened baby turtle and snake….

Then she found that she had three ticks on her body….

But I think that we fixed the trauma by providing her with a root beer float from Stewart’s!




We also watched the new “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie – the ships, the detail in the buckles on the baldricks, Blackbeard and his menacing comments, Johnny Depp and his Johnny Depp-ness – great flick!

So, we leave the theatre and hear a drum corps…..so, we do the natural thing and follow the music – discovering the NJ Fusion practicing in the Walmart parking lot! After watching their bass drums collide a bunch of times (anyone who has even been in marching band knows that this is a fact of life for the bassline), I get a call from another one of my friends who saw my Facebook status about the music and happened to be in the area!

In honor of her visit, I also brought back the “Beep, Beep!” factor. It started with this car on it’s first road trip up to VT and she was my passenger so it seemed natural. It really is silly but it just cracks up both of us to the point of tears. Good times!!


All photo credit goes to TGP!

0 comments: