Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Everyone’s Favorite F Word…

I attended an event at Panera a while ago – an invite only sneak preview of new menu items. They really rolled out the red carpet – free beverages, two different salads, two different smoothies, chicken salad sandwiches, chicken orzo soup and cinnamon crunch bagels. And they asked us to “check out” before leaving and we were handed a coffee cup and a cookie (a flower shaped shortbread cookie that retails for $2!) to take home.

There is something to be said for the “Hey, howya doin, let’s get you checked in, here’s some free stuff” aspect of marketing – I love doing it. I have witnessed so many goodybag giveaways – ranging from contact solution to razors to coffee…. Everyone’s favorite F word is FREE! In my experience, regardless of who they are and how much money they make, free makes them giddy.

Makes me miss that world a bit……

But I was happy to take my cookie and coffee and head home….I did not have clean up, do the data entry of those that attended, send out follow up surveys, send out survey reminders, compile the survey data, etc.

1 comments:

Amber said...

Sounds like it was a fun time (and even better that you got to reap the benefits without having to do any of the behind-the-scenes work!).