There is an official “Starting
Point”.
Training has begun….we
are going to climb Mount Katahdin….
Yup, the Katahdin…
Say it with me….. Ka-Tah-Din.
Yikes.
After the initial “what have I agreed to” feeling dissipated,
I thought about the goal – it is realistic, attainable and I have good
resources on how to prepare for the whole thing. Plus one of the team has climbed it before so we are not going in totally blind.
It needs to be done.
I have no desire to do any of the Tough Mudder or Spartan type
races – especially after seeing Bam run the Tough Guy Challenge in
England years ago.
Seriously, who has to prove themselves by running thru an assault course crawling through flooded tunnels, being electrocuted, balancing over fire pits as well as having blanks shot at you while you crawl under an expanse of barbed wire? Didn’t our ancestors suffer thru that during the world wars so that we could have a better life? But hey, if that is what makes you happy, go for it!
Seriously, who has to prove themselves by running thru an assault course crawling through flooded tunnels, being electrocuted, balancing over fire pits as well as having blanks shot at you while you crawl under an expanse of barbed wire? Didn’t our ancestors suffer thru that during the world wars so that we could have a better life? But hey, if that is what makes you happy, go for it!
As for me, I'm going to climb Mount Katahdin!









0 comments:
Post a Comment