Zzzzzzz…..it is Sunday
after all! But the church near the hotel
had other plans – the bells, bells, bells ensured that rising and shining
happened.
Ironically, brunch was
in a restaurant called The Church and afterwards we sat in The Oliver St. John
Gogarty Bar (aka Missed Flight) to listen to some traditional music.
The crew split up and I
was headed to my first viewing of the Walworth Farce at the Olympia Theatre. The show did inspire the trip - the way that
their careers are going, Domhnall, Brian and Brendan will not be on stage
together again for quite a while (if
ever) and I don’t see them bringing it to the states. If they do, great – I’m in!
The seats were dead center on the second
level and I had a clear view of everything – the orange Y-fronts, the roast
chicken, the cardboard coffins, the contortion and the many wigs.
The show with its “Afternoon Eileen!”
deserves another whole entry – it was quite darker than I had expected and the
physical acting involved is quite taxing.
I hoofed it to the
stage door afterwards and met Brian and Brendan – both very nice!! Domhnall had used the force and disappeared
out the front with friends….
Post show drinks were at
the Brazen Head where the bartender was quite entertaining and we got to meet
the author of The Dublin Pubspotters' Guide.
Mac is quite the messer and even offered to pose for a picture with his
baby Guinness.











0 comments:
Post a Comment