Thursday, December 11, 2008

Not guilty – y’all got to feel me!


H to the izz O, V to the izz A (hey, it says Vizzy!)
I am SO grateful that I was able to appeal my traffic ticket. Especially since I got a ticket a month before I got this one - on Mother’s Day – on my way to meet up with mom – who called me 10 minutes after getting the ticket to tell me that she was running late and to take my time. Not worth it to hike back up to the Berkshires to contest it so I lost my “Good Driver” discount on my insurance. I hadn’t gotten a ticket in 7 years!!!

I got this one back in June, speeding up to pass someone – clocked at 83 in a 65 – whoops, but not a full 20 mph over the limit.

So, I went in – didn’t argue, just stated my case about wanting a lesser penalty since I was definitely driving faster than the posted limit and could not argue with a radar. I explained why I paid the previous ticket and then showed proof of my 7 years without a ticket. The magistrate said” Good girl for telling the truth. Your attitude is refreshing” and sent me on my way with my official “Not Guilty” sheet.

Yay!

3 comments:

BeeOhVee said...

Sweet! The truth set you free :)

Cathy said...

That was awesome! Way to go!!

Dizzy Vizzy said...

And the truth will get you out of a $180 fine (aka stupidity tax)