Thursday, December 4, 2008

Take the compliment!!

I gassed up my car last night and took a moment to fill up my windshield wiper fluid. I was aware that the older gentleman at the pump in front of me was watching - I just went about my routine. When I was done, he pipes up and says "Wow, you are very self sufficient!". I must have looked confused because he then said "It's a good thing!"

I took the compliment, I know that he meant well, but I almost snipped back "Well, yeah - I don't have anyone else to do it for me!" Not that I would look for anyone else to do it, but this is the second person in a very short period of time to comment on my gas station skills. (the other time I was cleaning off the windshield with the squeegee thingie - I do miss NJ where they do it for you.)

Funny how hard it is to accept a compliment sometimes......

Odd point - the couple that was gassing up next to me felt compelled to not only lock their car but add The Club when they went inside to pay for their gas. It was a cheap little car. Maybe they were part of a car theft war?

2 comments:

Chele76 said...

well, I think that is not your usualy compliment. I would have been puzzed too. Then I would have goten defensive and wondered 'are you a chauvenist who thinks women can;t do anything?' lol

and the club? For just paying for gas? That is a *bit* extreme. Now worh the time ti takes to wrastle with that thing and get it on. Weirdoes.

and this word verification is 'mitche' remindes me of 'michie' that my Dad often calles me. What's up with these verifications? lol

BeeOhVee said...

Well, thank the lord he's never been in the bathroom with you. He'd really be impressed. I mean come on wiping all on your own. whooo... Go women's lib!