Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Two If By Land, Three If By Reservoir....

Yar...Yar...Yar, Yar, Yar....and Yar…

We celebrated International Talk Like A Pirate Day a bit early and actually won first place in a costume contest!!! We are now “Pirates that own a Heineken branded guitar”....(note to self - learn to play)

I am very happy that I was in attendance this year...slightly differently than I had thought when I agreed to it last year but much better!! Plus it is a bonus when everyone gets into the spirirt of things - even if they are not dressed in costume. The radio station guys found themselves quite educated in pirate speak by the end of the night!

And on a personal note of achievement – my corset needed to be tightened – a lot more than expected….sweet!!


The next day we took to the sea….well, the reservoir….spent a very full day paddling around with a third pirate. Booty was obtained (not just garbage), much fun was had and cairns (nifty rock towers) were created. We even met up with our nautical friend….all "bro-mance" jokes aside, he is a cool dude and it is awesome to see other like minded people when paddling!

At one point, after dodging acorns (while paddling along the shore), we channeled the acorn chuckers…..you can smack an acorn with a paddle….it makes an awful noise though!

0 comments: