Tuesday, August 4, 2009

More to Love…

Of course I watched it…...You can’t tell me that almost every girl out there who is above a size 10 didn’t watch it. Mainly because we’re all curious as to how they are going to approach the topic.

For the most part, I liked it…..The girls looked genuine, weren’t catty (until you saw the sneak preview of the season) and the bachelor seems like a genuinely nice guy. You would hope that people who have felt excluded at any point in their lives would make an effort not to do it to others.

But the editing – they would show the girls super self confident one moment and then in absolute tears the next. I was shocked that their stats were given in detail as well – age, height and weight. I understand the concept of the show, but to give the specific weight – it made me cringe.

I loved that the girls were so candid about their weight and lives – some have such fantastic personalities. BUT most of them were filmed crying at one point or another.

I know, I know, they signed on for the reality show and know that whatever they say will be used, but holy crap. Some parts were just painful to watch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, i tuned in to see how they would handle this subject... my size 12 self... and I was also super surprized at the "stats" given on each girl...
I don't remember them doing that for the skinny minnies... Did i miss something.
They seem to be making it more about being overweight than just your average size gals that finally are being shown on tv.

Terri said...

I didn't watch. I didn't like the whole premise that "average" girls are fat. They're not any more average than the stick-like models from the other bachelor shows.

Dizzy Vizzy said...

They do have the "stalker" spin too - one girl is being edited a certain way. I'm still watching it - for now!