Wednesday, August 12, 2009

“You’re Done”

You notice that noone uses that phrase with adults.

As a kid, you’re told “You’re done” and it’s a reason for your bratty behavior and it’s completely ok - everyone understands that it’s just enough and it’s time for you to go to bed.

As adults, we’re supposed to know the difference. Most of the time we ignore it and just push on through. Whether it’s physical or mental – we may be on overload, we just refuse to admit it.

4 comments:

Tam said...

My dad's favorite when I pushed him too far was, "We're playing a game and it's called 'You Lose'." He said that to me up until the day he died, and I was 26 when he passed away!

Anonymous said...

Mine was "I brought you into this world, and i can take you out and make another one look just like you"...
I'm pretty sure he was kidding mostly...

Dizzy Vizzy said...

OMG - both of those are hilarious! Granted, I can say that now, since we're all adults!!

My mom's phrase was "I'll give you a reason to cry!" (more for my brother than me - I was the good kid...really!!....ok, sometimes....)

Terri said...

I'm still told "you're done" but it's usually in response to drinking.