Thursday, November 5, 2009

Whirl, Whirl, Whirl...

Hey look, I'm a whirling dervish! I’m an adult! GAH!!

In the space of a day, I went from chauffer to nurse to housekeeper to counselor to chef to….I forget the rest….

Wait a minute….I was a M-O-M!!!

Over the past few days, I have helped my Dad get set up so that he is ok to be home alone….. Getting stuff set up when someone is loopy on pain meds is always a fun time...

“FOCUS!!....I'm not yelling at you, you're just not listening....no, that is not the answer to what I asked...”

Spending time in a retirement community is also a nice way to remind you why some people should live in those communities and not drive.

I did manage to squeeze in some other things – like being elected the president of my Latvian women’s organization. It is one of a handful that still operates – they are still important to the culture, but not as much as they used to be (when the country was occupied by Commies). I will see what I can do to boost membership…trolling events for minions…or (as was pointed out by one of my friends) I will be looking for “vixens” – a spin off from the word for “pledge”.

One the day of my election, I went from a very formal event to a Halloween party – dressed as a fully corseted and masked dominatrix. (there are some very fun pictures from that night but they are not for public consumption) One of my favorites pictures is a candid that a friend took while we were touching up our lipstick in a mirror – focused on the task and unaware that we were being photographed.

I’m happy to be home…..even though I know that I will be off and running once I regroup…..

1 comments:

BeeOhVee said...

Oh wow... congrats Madam President. And here you thought you were just going to be going to doze through the meeting.