Monday, March 8, 2010

Firsts.....Definitely Not Lasts....

The entire weekend was a series of firsts....and I don't think that they will be lasts.....

I snowshoed across a frozen lake.....

Hiked almost 6 miles....at one point I entertained the idea of wussing out on the home stretch...very glad that I had a nudge not to....

Made dinner with the assistance of child who has become quite a character....and I was dubbed fun enough to be asked to play after dinner went int othe oven! (I got to be a vet!!)

My sing-songy "Good Night, XXXX" received the same sing-songy reply of "Good Night...You!!" (his approach of "well, I don't remember her name so I'll just say "You"" is still cracking me up)

Found out that there are children's books about hoes...the garden tool....but who can read that with a straight face??

And it's not a first but I do enjoy the oportunity to turn the camera on the photographer...

It was a fun weekend....the whole sequence of events continues to fuel the positive energy that I have regained.....it truly amazes me at how much has happened in the short time that I have been back in the area...

2 comments:

The Ginger Pirate said...

What? No pictures?! Jeesh=>

kfold said...

Glad to hear you didn't wuss out.