Thursday, October 2, 2008

But Miss Veezmay.....

I'm the cool aunt - so cool that I get to relive teen ansgt all over again with her. The gushing about a boy, the heartbreak over the boy being stupid and the puppy-like cuteness when they get together.

All the while hearing the hope in her voice that life will work out the way that she has determined that it will. It's a spirit that you want to protect from being crushed.

Then when I spend time with the CA kids, where the criteria is “we get them back alive = great!”, I get dragged off to sit in a fort and tell ghost stories.

I was chosen to shovel mac & cheese on a spoon during lunch - mainly because I was a novelty (he loves mom, but she's always there). You can't resist a sweet little voice saying "help me".

And I'm cool because I pour juice glasses totally full.....the ones that are spilled within 10 seconds of being poured so full.....

Plus I've been asked if I'm a cartoon character. Eh, I’m just a big kid myself...…that's why I'm so kewl....

0 comments: