Sunday, October 26, 2008

Homecoming....

There’s a reason they call it Homecoming.

You spend time with people that you don’t get to see on a daily basis. You joke about memories and make new ones. You offer brownies and candy corn to complete strangers. You have a fun drunken conversations in the bathroom. (we didn’t play Marco Polo this year) You invade book signings – “Hey, you want some points?”. You end up licking a new friend. (for the record - he asked for it). You joke with a legend only to find yourself called one as well. You bump into one of the best trumpet players from your freshman year. You sing the Alma Mater with a mass of people that understand what it means to you and why you have to stay to the end of the game.

You go out to dinner with a large group, get a recap on more people’s lives and laugh – a lot. You go out to a bar to catch up with more friends, dance to good songs (some of my private favs that were unexpectedly played), dance with silly drunk boys, get to control the different colored lights in the bar (my mini-God moment – some people have fun jobs) and then head out smiling at the end of a very long day.

And after all that, I needed and got to take a very long and very satisfying shower. It was a good Homecoming.

2 comments:

Chele76 said...

...and to many more that are equally satisfying!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous.

If it conflicts with hockey again, I'll make it work. I almost did this year, but I had that thing in CT on Sunday and it didn't make sense to go from CT to Boston and back to CT.