
This is what we did Thanksgiving morning - the bottom receipt is 10’ 3 “ long. We knew that all the free stuff would be gone early Friday morning and I had no desire to wake up at 4 am. So we got a day-pass from "famliy lockdown" to go to CVS. (Family lockdown = spend time with just the family and ignore the outside world)
I didn’t notice this but my brother said that the Indians (dot, not feather) that were in the store kept checking to see what I grabbed – including the waffle maker. They are the “grand poobahs” of dealsmithing – I take it as a compliment that they were comparing loot.
My brother was a trooper while shopping with me – after our second CVS deal trip on Friday, he agreed to go to Linens N Things to check out the liquidation – turns out he had no idea what they sold until we stepped inside – “Oh…..house crap”. But he found a present for mom that we know she needs - no price tag - we figured out later that they gave it to him for 80% off regular retail! And I found two lamps for my living room – I’m being stubborn and waiting until they drop more in price. I don’t need them, but if they get to a certain price point, they will be coming home with me.
He gets bonus points for agreeing to stop at a scrapbook store. I never get to this particular one since I don’t travel near it – our trek led us right past it. (I negotiated a 20 minute pit stop.) It was so great to spend time a chunk of time with him - we haven't hung out in a while. His wife is great and I enjoy my time with both of them but it's different when we have our own "sibling time".









4 comments:
dot, not feather.
*awesome*
Wow... that's just impressive. Hurrah!
My word. Mine!
Whopps - forgot to throw in the TM for Terri - it is her word - I borrowed it! Will have to pay royalties....
Post a Comment