Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight Thoughts...

I've been trying to figure out why the books touch me the way that they do. They are more than a work of fiction - in some weird way, they give me hope for the future by channeling my totally girly romantic side.

We all wanted that type of love – and in some ways want it still – even though we know how much more fun adults can have.

Look back to a time when you didn’t have venom in your veins and didn’t punish the next person for the heartbreak caused by the previous one - everything was innocent. “Just a kiss” was steamy.

And hearing "Look after my heart, I left it with you", "You are my life now", "He loves you more than you know, it terrifies him to be away from you" and "You are not exactly the love of my life - because I plan on loving you longer than that - you are the love of my existence" is not cheesy - it's sweet.

And my favorite exchange "Do you have any idea how much I love you?" "No, but I know how much I love you." "You compare a tree to the forest"

This is Twilight......

3 comments:

Chele76 said...

This series is the first series in many many many years that just calls out to me. I read 250 pages last night and I am quite close to finishing New Moon tonight. I am sad to know that I am just about 1/2 way done with the series. Only two more books.

*sigh*

Julie said...

OMG I love that line too. You compare one tree to a forest. I looked at my hubby the other night and asked him why he doesn't love me as much as Edward loves Bella. lol. Maybe that is why he didn't want to see the movie.

I soooo love these books too, it makes you feel like your loving for the first time again!!

BeeOhVee said...

OME! (Oh My Edward) There are a few other lines in the series that I don't want to put up just yet (I don't want to spoil anything) but... good lord are they all ever swoon worthy. I mean, I remember blushing and getting giddy just reading these. Siiiiiiiigh. I *heart* Edward!