Friday, April 24, 2009

Clunk!

So you get hit in the head with a bottle one time and everyone remembers…actually it is a funny story. But Spring Weekend can’t get discussed without a mention of that incident. (my college roommate actually emailed me about recently)

Eye witnesses said that I got conked in the head and staggered, but did not fall down. Yeah, touching the grass at a frat party may have given me rabies, hepatitis or some other communicable disease.

I’m still wondering how I survived that without permanent injury. I know, I know – I just opened myself up for a round of jokes.

Looking back on it – I really could have had a concussion, but it was Spring Weekend and I was not going to let a hit in the head stop me. Plus one of my friends happened to have an ice pack in his bag to keep his beer cold. So, I stood there drinking with an ice pack on my head right after it happened.

Luckily this was in the age before digital cameras and camera phones otherwise it would have ended up on FB by now.

The better memory was having Peanut Butter Captain Crunch and Beer at 4 am for breakfast at Tooltown. Ah, those were the days....

3 comments:

Chele76 said...

I remember seeing you shortly afterwards and I think I heard a million times (between you and other people) that you got hit in the head!

Kirsten said...

I'm just giggling at the "Tooltown" reference!!!

tam said...

Like I said yesterday, I don't remember that at all! The more I think about it, I think you're right -- I was on a "tour" of campus which ended at Mirror Lake, by the Rape Light. I think I had the better time. *grin*