Monday, June 22, 2009

Dreary Day....

Here comes the rain again
Falling on my head like a memory
Falling on my head like a new emotion…

Feeling a bit sad that I am not geographically closer to my parents when they need me.

Mom – mainly for the emotional support. I did visit grandma and understand more why mom has been leaning on me so much lately. She needed the weekend’s festivities not only as a distraction, but to get her back among the world of the living. My brother and I are planning a get together with family friends so that she has something else to look forward to. (it’s a trek to PA, but will be very well worth it – they are good people)

Dad – it is always a bad sign when everyone comes up to you and says “You dad looks like shit, what’s wrong with him?” Oh, just the usual stubbornness of not going to the doctor when he really needs to, self-diagnosing and then attempting to fix the problem himself. He’s in pain and it is affecting other aspects of his life. I have been kind, I have been subtle, I have clobbered him with the truth and I have been blunt. BUT nothing will change until he decides to do it himself.

2 comments:

BeeOhVee said...

Lots of hugs.

Just because it sounds like you need them.

Anonymous said...

hugs!

I'm sorry I didn't read this before now... we could have covered this on the Call That Would Not End. *grin*