Monday, July 13, 2009

"We don't do anything small!"

Proving once again that "We don't do anything small!" *snicker* - the weekend was quite full of big things.

Friday – a trek into Boston (nice to stay local for a bit!) and some quality time getting to know a new friend. (interpret that how you want – I had a good time….)

Saturday - What started as “I wanna go to the casino” became TGHH – The Great Hooker Hunt….yup, it became a quest……We got points for random whores, douchebags and their skanks and the wannabe hoochies. Bonus points to Silent J - the last person that I expected to be the first to find the hookers! I still think that we should have tagged them, released them back into the wild and tracked their habits. So then we needed a new quest – “Asian is the new hooker!” Kudos to the crew for keeping me awake as I drove back – I popped in “The Trainwreck Sessions” and the conversation kept going.

Sunday – (Keeping track of the little amount of sleep I got? It manifests itself later….)
We were up early – Warped Tour day. Proud of Instrument, excited to see H.I.M. (oh wait, that’s H.T.M. Boo!!!), umm, excited to see a bunch of bands and have fun in the sun! We handed out flyers to the crowds at the gate, wondered why some people don’t shower (“I should be in church and smell like a used hooker!”), wandered around, collected stickers, pondered people’s wardrobe choices, failed at smushing cans and randomly hunted for shade.

Yeah - I was done by the end of Sunday - sunburned, tired and cranky - yet I still found time to take a phone call. An ambitious weekend all around and lots of new memories to enjoy…..

2 comments:

Daleen said...

What a busy weekend! I am alone at home, the husband is away till Thursday so I spend my entire weekend sitting and watching movies. :) It was relaxing though!

Dizzy Vizzy said...

I enjoy those types of weekends too - they just make for shorter blog posts! :-)