Friday, July 31, 2009

Grey Gardens...

True to form – I found something new and have to research it until I have read everything about it. Here’s the Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_Gardens

I can’t even imagine living like that – it was a gorgeous house and they just let it rot around them. Was it really pure stubbornness to not leave the place? They seem happy in their own unique way.

I watched the original documentary first and then the recent HBO movie which had parts of the documentary and also some of the back story – absolutely wonderful job by Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange!

Then I had to find pictures of the house the way that it was, read the old articles and question my parents about what they remembered. (it was right around the time that they got married, so they don’t remember it – bummer)

I’m still reading up about it – here’s a rather informative blog if you want to take a look yourself - http://greygardensnews.blogspot.com

0 comments: