Friday, June 25, 2010

Are You Impersonating Me?

Found out earlier today that one of my dormant credit cards has been used recently….someone in the big, bad city has been sending flowers with it - online. (Yeah, because that can't be traced...DUH!) You figure that they would pick someone with an easier name...maybe it was a random number generator....who knows!

I have always been one to reconcile my accounts and balance my checkbook every month……and especially now, I watch what I do like a hawk. I would have seen the charges on the next statement but I happened to called in today and they automatically list the five most recent charges.

So the fraud department was involved sooner rather than later…..unlike other cards that have frozen my account because I was buying a one way ticket from a local airport last minute….because I had missed my flight and still needed to get to my destination….even though I had bought the original tickets with the same card so they knew I was traveling…. *grumble* (yeah, that trip was an adventure and a half….)

0 comments: