Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; It's about learning to dance in the rain. – Mac Anderson
Came across this quote a while ago and was waiting for the right time to use it…..Sunday was the day!
After an exhausting two days of holding a garage sale, I had a free day. A day to sleep and to be lazy….but I ended up on a hike….
Besides the fact that my butt needs to get back in gear with being more active, the hike ended up being a really fun time in the rain.
I got to see different parts of the town that I live in, had a chance to experience a monsoon under the cover of nature and I got to spend time with one of my favorite people!
Our nature count for the day was:
One beaver dam – no beavers
Six red efts – one was itty bitty and another was the “special” one (his dots were all misaligned)
Four frogs – one which had a frowny face on his back
Seven Northern Hairstreak butterflies – some that were fooled into landing on someone impersonating a shrubbery
A bunch of alien looking plants that turned out to be Squaw root
Two rocks for Mom’s swale
A bunch of pink wild roses
Many snake nests with the remnants of snake eggs
And one VERY pissed off rat snake….luckily TGP has a keen eye and saw it before I did….we were a bit too close to it’s nest so it had every right to be pissed but EEK - SNAKE!!!
I felt much more accomplished than had I sat around all day watching TV - just needed a bit of motivation to get up and go!
3 years ago









0 comments:
Post a Comment