On Saturday, I went kayaking with a Ginger Pirate and a Portuguese Sun God. I have been trying to come up with names for the other two, but all I have is “Mountain Dew Guy” and “That Guy That I Vaguely Remember From the Shore House”.
While waiting for the others to arrive, TGP and I had quite an interesting interaction with a toothless old man that was there fishing. My knee jerk reaction is to be a bit scared when strangers talk to me. (yes, you read that right, the girl who shouted at White Pick Up Truck Guy that he had to be her friend on FB is scared of strangers). The fisherman turned out to be full of jokes and even invited us to breakfast!! (legit offer - he had two fish!)
We were a full flotilla – five kayaks. Even though it was a small lake, it had some interesting nooks and crannies – along with a canal that was as wide as TGP’s boat. (there was a brief Austin Powers golf cart moment when he turned to take a pic)
And of course I squealed when a few houses had doggies swimming by their docks!!! One owner let his dog out because she likes to greet everyone that paddles by the house. The house that sits upon a rock, isolated from the others had an even cooler dog – he was even fishing!
I also got to wear another pair of VFFs…..I spent most of the trip subconsciously wiggling my toes!!
3 years ago









2 comments:
saturday....
So sued to doing recaps on Mondays...it has been corrected!
Post a Comment