This road trip was definitely a good way to learn how to handle the new car. But in fog and rain, it was an adventure – at some points I was leaning over the steering wheel like a little old lady.
Luckily I had a co-pilot - otherwise I may have gone crazy or still be lost on a mountain because a GPS does not work in northern Vermont! And thank you to the church that had the sign - “This is not Route 12”.
45 minutes before we got to the hotel, we were done with being in the car – just done - we were laughing at everything. And then we saw it - Some guy on all fours crawling on his lawn with a miner’s lamp on his head. Was he looking for nightcrawlers?? With the weather being what it was, it looked like something out of Stephen King story.
Ooo, deaf person sign – beep, beep! Ooo, a barn – beep, beep!
I don’t know how many times we each said “Get out of my head!!!”. We have been friends way too long – driven home by the fact that we would make the same comments, at the same time, with the same synocopation - the entire weekend. Moo….
My co-pilot also got to be designated driver on Saturday night (thank you!!). And I really was too tipsy to care/notice your driving – had I known that you were being over-cautious because of me, I would have let you know that I was ok with it! I knew that you would get us back in one piece – I wasn’t worried!!
And thanks to someone else’s shenanigan’s with the window condensation, my rear window now says “Gay 4 a Price”. Ah, the sign of a fun weekend.....
3 years ago









1 comments:
Don't worry, it doesn't work in Camden NJ either as I found out while driving in circles in a NOT good section of the city :)
Post a Comment