Friday, September 25, 2009

Birthday Trek...


I had a fun day - did a nature hike at the Arnold Arboretum, got lost and ended up in the neighboring town. I found my way back and then headed to Castle Island to fulfill my part in a pinky promise. There will definitely be another trip because there are two parts to that promise. (yes, I take my pinkie promises seriously)

My greetings came from near and far - some very creative ones too!

Some were pulling out Latvian phrases even though it’s not their culture.

Some were traveling to a gig and I was the furthest thing from their mind but they found the time to send a text.

Some that wanted to know if they called first - even though it wasn't a contest.

Some that had to call twice so they had bragging rights for double wishes (there were two of those calls).

Some that said “I need to win this week's college basketball bet so I can get you your present!” HA!

Some that sent the Gerber daisies – quite the surprise!!

I felt the love.

And then there was the last call of the night "I wanted to be one of the first and also the last to wish you a Happy Birthday!". Aww...yes, I said it - Aww...you know you want to say it too! Aww...Aww….Aww….

The fun will be continued this weekend!!

0 comments: