Notice that everyone becomes a saint once they die? All the bad memories fade and we remember the good that they did? Ted Kennedy…..Michael Jackson….
Yes, they both contributed to society – a lot.
BUT there were bad things – a woman died, kids may have been touched and some more scandals…...
It’s all sugar coated now – in order to not tarnish their legacy.
Both had huge events to give the public closure – I watched the pomp & circumstance – can’t help it – I got caught up in it too. (even though it seemed like Boston got to film a free tourism commercial given the hearse’s tour of the city)
But the whole time was the nagging thought that the bad things are being forgotten….
3 years ago









3 comments:
no, it takes at least 7 years before one becomes canonized ;)
I think "sugarcoating" during a time of mourning is more important than dragging all the skeletons back out of the closet. What's past is past and it's more important to think of their legacy. People need the good memories in order to heal.
Like the celebrity or not, you need to respect that these guys meant a lot to people and let the people grieve. Besides, didn't your mom ever teach you it's rude to speak ill of the dead? *grin*
Actually “gentle” reader, what I have said is tame compared to the other comments out there.
Some people mourn celebrities, carrying on and on, as if they have lost a beloved relative. That is their prerogative.
I am letting people grieve - you chose to come here and read my opinion.
BTW, my mother did teach me that as well as a few other things. (I have her waffle recipe)
Post a Comment