Monday, September 14, 2009

Falafel Friday & It's Friends...

Another fabulous thing about NYC - the food is all around you.

There is a complete ADD moment when asked the simple question of "What do you want to eat?"

Pizza is the first thing that comes to mind since I can't find a decent pizza up North. Saturday night was all about the pizza - 15 people that kept saying "Can you pass the cheese/pepper flakes/spices....hey, hand it over!!!" as they tried to find room on the table for their pint glass among all the pizza stands - it was good....

Falafels were introduced to me by M-O-M in NYC, so I lucked out with having a yummy (and inexpensive) falafel joint around the corner. I had to throw in some stuffed grape leaves - they are so incredible when they are freshly made!

Bagel & Coffee are standard breakfast fare. There's just something about walking down the city street juggling both as you take in the scenery. (and until the subway door chomps on you - luckily it did not get my bagel - I had finished it)

Champagne & Chocolate Covered Strawberries were a "September Babies" toast extra. Always, yummy - especially when someone else pays for them.

Gray’s Papaya Hot Dogs are a new discovery for me. I hate hot dogs (blech), but can't seem to resist one from Gray's. I actually went on this trip with a list of locations so that I could stop at one before I left. In the wee morning hours of Sunday, we walked out of the bar and lo and behold, we were across from King's Papaya. And as I chomped on my hot dog, I raved about the fact that they are open 24 hours and decently priced.

Yes, there was good food, but it's only part of the weekend.

0 comments: