Ah, the city so nice, they named it twice!!
For only being there a few days, I was able to pack in a bunch of fun!
We took in an improv show – one of the cast members is a friend from camp. (Latvian, not band). I laughed the entire time, but my favorite line is still “Can my peacock have some of your cocaine?”
We ventured to a bar after the show - Triple Crown Bar to be exact. They had the most eclectic mix of people and most overzealous servers. You barely got done with your plate and it was gone! We had two separate guys stop by asking to be spanked – one settled his booty on the table and refused to move until the deed was done. The other one had “2 kids & a vasectomy!!” - exclaimed with delight. In the next breath he invites us to come with him because “we’re going to see strippers!” (I made eye contact and then humored him – totally my fault for this chat)
The next day was “Rock of Ages” – I want to see it again. (like now!) If you are a fan of Poison, Journey, Asia, Motley Crew, etc. you should go see it. And if you sit next to me, I will warn you now – I will be singing along to every song. (yes, every one)
Random “Rock of Ages” exclamations - Jazz hands!, The Axl dance!, “Strippers, not strip malls!” and Oooo, a sparkly rock star!
We waited by the stage door and got to meet/greet/cheer for the cast. My friend’s mom actually shoved us aside a bit and was the first (and loudest) to scream Constantine’s name when he walked out. By the way, it was pouring the whole time, but he worked the entire line and did not rush things.
Dinner was the massive pizza fest that I described previously, but I have to throw this in - Check #2 is awesome! (Hey, Check #1 – Check #3 says that you’re cheese hogs and you suck and you tell kids that there is no Santa!!)
I made new friends, apparently drew some others out of their shells and got some great advice. It makes some decisions a bit easier – they echo what I have been thinking, but it’s more credible because it’s from someone one who did what I am gearing up to do…..maybe.
We had the token chat with the cabbie, the token “hey slow down my feet hurt” moment, the token waitress trying to scam $10 and the token visits to great bars. We spent the most time at the Fat Black Pussycat. (bar/lounge/awesome place)
I made new friends – both within our group and out of it. The couple that had been making out on the couch next to our table, the random guy that was lost in the area but looked like a native and the DJ that loved my accessories. “She’s still talking to him….” “Now she’s blushing.” “Isn’t he gay?” Yes, yes he was and he was mocking his own voice and telling me he loved my accessories.
It was a great time. Can’t wait to do it again….
3 years ago









0 comments:
Post a Comment