Life is just way too short - I was just bound and determined to have a good time! (and I did and it was good) There was so much that went on – all crammed into 48 hours – I am still processing it – so, I offer a recap.
Biggest Difference From a Regular Show: We actually got to hang out with ALL the band boys instead of everyone going their separate ways at the end of the night. (made for some very interesting conversations)
Bounciest Moments:
1. Doing a “Booty, Booty, Booty, Rockin’ Everywhere” dance behind someone every time they tried to use the mirror. (I like the new haircut, it definitely helps me channel my sassyness.)
2. Not being able to sit still during dinner – listening to a steel drum band and being out of the car just made me want to dance - I was bouncing in my chair for most of the meal.
3. Dancing to Da Rezarekt despite the fact that they heckled us a bit “We ain’t got no merch table – we ain’t got no merch girls!!”
My Most Overused Phrase of the Weekend: “Plausible Deniability”
Most Repeated Phrases in 10 Minute Time Frames:
1. Shut up, (insert my name here)!
2. Dude, your eyes are so bloodshot!
3. That’s unsanitary!
4. Hey Destruction! (yes, the joke is now officially dead)
5. That was not a proper lick! (leading to the Great Lick Debate)
Definition Moment: “So, which one’s your old man? “ None of them! “So, you’re a groupie!” No, a fan and a friend!! If they sucked, do you think we would drive down here to see them? “Hmm, ok, let’s get another drink!”
Social Moments:
1. Hey, White Pick Up Truck Guy!! Whatcha doing? (10 mins later) Are you still there White Pick Up Truck Guy? Come up here and hang out with us! (20 mins later) Hey, White Pick Up Truck Guy – wanna be my friend on FB?
2. Participating in the bachelor and bachelorette party’s “Non-Scavenger Hunt Scavenger Hunt” – two of us have an oral contract with B-Dizzle to hunt down a bra for him otherwise we are not allowed back in the state.
3. (to be read in full-on gush mode) You have a HIM tattoo!?!? What’s your favorite song?
Funnier Moments:
1. Liberating seashells – I had too many floating around my place, so there are now Jersey Shore seashells in the surf in Dewey Beach, DE.
2. Trying to get 6 people through a sliding glass door before someone puked out on the balcony.
3. One guitar player finally submitting to hugs only to be licked. *snicker* We broke him!
Oddest(?) Moment: Talking to one brother and getting spanked by the other one…
Public Apology Moment:
1. Sorry for the flash - you know that he would drop his drawers and show you himself if you were in NC!
2. The Kick Heard Round Vermont – I still feel bad and I will always feel bad about it.
Most Band-ish Moment: Instead of returning to the after-party with rope, they came back with guitars and started to play. No need for a pick, use a Hennessey bottle!
Moral Compass Moment: Mine has not moved – I’ll have fun and run around with you to a certain point, but I do not and will not trade family members.
“Deer Caught in Headlights” Moment: You really, really surprised me twice.
We got back to the hotel and the birds were singing but at least I was able to get a few hours of sleep before we got back on the road!
3 years ago









1 comments:
I think that's a fair assessment of the weekend. We definitely needed to do that, for a number of reasons, and I'm so glad we did. If everything happens for a reason/people are in your life for a reason, this trip definitely did clear up some major loose ends. I'm glad we were able to have the chats we did in the car... *spank*
Post a Comment