Monday, January 19, 2009

Swoosh….klunk…meow…







Despite the horrible weather yesterday, a few of us trekked up to Stratton to ski. (lift tickets were pre-paid and we’re all stubborn - “I don’t care that the parking lot or road isn’t plowed – I’m going!”) I missed breakfast at the Crack Barrel (not a typo) but did get to meet up with one car that has 4 wheel drive. Yay! And meow.

Fun drive, meow, lots of chats, some eyebrow shaving threats, laughs, meow, hot tub rules were created and we overused a word. But it was fun - I forgot how it happened, but the word hardcore and my name is now linked….

After I amused the carload next to us as we got suited up (I couldn’t help it, I was asked about the length of my skis), we were READY!! Let’s ski – w00t!! Oh wait, let’s stand in line, get our tickets, debate that the ticket thingie will actually hold the ticket, go to the bathroom, ride two lifts to the summit….and then we were ready. Phew - Ok! (insert woot here!)

We lost one skier on the first run – her knee decided that it had had enough and that was it. She was hauled off by the ski patrol – note - if you tell us to leave you on the side of a mountain – we are not going to. Not matter what you say. (“Go on and go, leave me…..”)

It continued to snow the whole day but it wasn’t cold. The fresh powder was awesome but gave all of our legs quite a workout. We were all pretty much done and then realized that we would have to ski back to the other side of the mountain to get the cars. (groan)

Our fallen comrade was out of x-rays and braced up by the time we got back with the cars. “Hi, our friend is here, she’s broken – where can we find her?” “She’s in the lobby”. We all burst into song - a round of “Let’s go to the lobby”. (no adult beverages were in our system – yet)

So, we picked up the broken one, had dinner and then headed home. The Mass Pike did a horrible job of plowing - combine that with the cars that would whiz by me only to spin out ten minutes later – it took me way too long to get home. I was so happy to sink into my bed……now if only my personal massage therapist lived closer, this morning would have involved a less creaky body…..

4 comments:

Cathy said...

glad you had fun! Who got hurt??

Chele76 said...

*poof*

I think the mass pike was the magical plowing line. As soon as we crossed it the roads were crap.

I totally crashed (physically, not car-ly) shortly after. I had to pull over and have James drive the rest of the way. Complete toast. Complete.

Today I am sore as heck, but not in pain. I feel like I had a good, HARD, total body workout... I guess I did!

Totally getting my skis waxed and ready to go for the next excursions!

BTW I think I have your gloves.

Dizzy Vizzy said...

We broke Tam - you now have a tubing buddy!

LOL - magical plowing line - they may be my gloves - I didn't unpack the car last night, was just too tired.....

Anonymous said...

My trip was just as bad coming home as it was going there. WTF New Hampshire?