Totally unplanned and spontaneous night – I went to visit Team E & C (my bro and sis in-law) to retrieve my digital camera. I totally pulled a dad and showed up when dinner was ready - whoops. So I had to do the “so, could you tempt me with a glass of wine?” thing – you don’t offer a Latvian food or drink, you tempt them – lol. They knew I was coming - I had called after work and my brother told me to just come over. The timing was just rather amusing.
We ended up chatting about random memories from our teen years – I may have to get my brother an air horn just for old time’s sake. My dad bought his mother an air horn so that she could just lean out the window and blow it instead of calling for help if the house was on fire. (She lived in the Bronx) My brother ended up with it and was given very strict limitations as to it’s use – “Do not use it inside, outside, near you sister, near the dog, etc." He finally got to use it during one of my CMBC championships at Giants Stadium.
I got to debate “The Secret” (the law of attraction) versus not talking about things because you may jinx them. No real resolution was reached. And then we turned our brains off and just heckled “Deal or No Deal” – like MST3K but without the robots – ha, ha.
It was a great way to unwind after the work week – good chats, good wine, good company…..good times. I am definitely lucky that they live close by.
3 years ago









0 comments:
Post a Comment